Welcome to Henry County, Ohio!
Welcome to Henry County, Ohio! Located in northwest Ohio in an area once known as The Great Black Swamp.
Henry County is rich in history in many areas: agriculture, business, churches, schools and community organizations,
all of which today contribute to making Henry County a great place to live, work and raise a family.
Founded on April 1, 1820, our county was named for the famous orator Patrick Henry.
The dense forest was cleared and drained, leaving ground with excellent fertility for our agricultural producers.
While the Miami & Erie canal was a primary source of transportation in the mid-1800’s,
this mode gave way to railroads and highways which cross the county today.
Henry County’s third and present courthouse (the tower is shown in the graphic above) was completed in 1882, and renovated in 1998.
It was the county’s first building to hold the honor of being placed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The county is composed of thirteen townships and nine municipalities, including the county seat of Napoleon.
Today, nearly 30,000 people make Henry County their home.
Henry County Natural Hazard Mitigation Plan
Updated Mitigation plan has been uploaded. Any comments please
Radio System Sealed Bid
Follow link to obtain detals and specifications. Any comments please
Like Henry County on
*While we make every effort to ensure the information found on this site is correct,
please contact individual offices for the most current information.
Please contact Webmaster for comments on this site